Lenten midweek spoken Masses will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. and 7:00 p.m., in the Church. This year the Wednesday Lenten sermons will focus on the appointed Psalms or Introits, which speak of the horrible sentence imposed upon sinful men, man’s plea for deliverance, and the gracious Promise of salvation in Jesus Christ the long-awaited Savior.
Invocabit, March 1– Ember Wednesday - Psalm 25 - “Let me not be ashamed !”
Reminiscere, March 8 - Psalm 38 - “Do not rebuke me in Your wrath!”
Oculi, March 15– Psalm 31 - “You have considered my trouble.”
Laetare, March 22 - Ezekiel 36 - “I will put a new spirit within you.”
Judica, March 29 – Psalm 18 - “The Lord delivers me. ”
The Feast of the Annunciation will be celebrated on Saturday, March 25, with a sung, High Mass in the Church at 10:00 a.m.
Daily Mass for Passiontide, Holy Week, the Triduum Sacrum, Holy Easter, and the Octave of Easter begins on Palmarum.
Sunday, April 2 – Palmarum, Mass at 10:00 a.m. in the Church
Monday, April 3 – Holy Monday, Mass at 7:00 p.m. in the Church
Tuesday, April 4 – Holy Tuesday, Mass at 7:00 p.m. in the Church
Wednesday, April 5 – Holy Wednesday, Mass at 9:30 a.m., Church
Thursday, April 6 – Chrism Mass, Mass at 9:30 a.m. in the Church
Mass of the Institution, 7:00 p.m. in the Church
Friday, April 7 – Good Friday, Tre Ore at 12:00 noon with Holy Communion, in the Church
Stations of the Cross at 7:00 p.m. in the Church
Saturday, April 8 – Holy Saturday, silence in the Church.
Sunday, April 9 – The Great Vigil Mass, 6:30 a.m. in the Church, Easter Breakfast follows
The Feast of the Resurrection of our Lord – 10:00 a.m., Church
Daily Mass/Easter Octave - Monday, April 10 through Saturday, April 15
Watch the Sunday Bulletin for the Daily Schedule
Sunday, April 16 – Quasimodogeniti, Mass at 10:00 a.m., Church
Regularly at Zion -
- Adult Bible Class is held twice each week - Sunday after Mass, and Wednesday after morning Mass. On Sundays we are are engaged in a close study of the Gospel according to St. John, which Fr. Braden leads from the Greek text. On Wednesdays we are studying the Lutheran Confessions on the Divine Service and Christian Freedom.
- The Zion Men's Group meets twice each month, alternating Tuesdays and Thursdays, at 7:00 p.m. After singing Vespers in the Church, we are currently studying Luther's Disputations on Justifying Faith, in volume 73 of the American Edition of Luther's Works. After our study, food and (Lutheran) beverages enhance our Gemütlichkeit.
- The Zion Women's Group meets twice a month on Saturdays at 1:00 p.m. We sing Vespers in the Chapel, enjoy coffee and baked goods, and then continue in our study of 1st and 2nd Timothy, with an eye to the Greek that underlies the text.
- Adult Catechesis is offered Thursday nights at 6:00 p.m. We sing Vespers in the Church, and the study following is a close reading of Johann Gerhard's Loci on Theology and Scripture.
- Membership/Confirmation Classes are held periodically, scheduled to be convenient to those seeking membership at Zion. Youth Confirmation class is held Saturday mornings at 10:00 a.m. Luther's Small Catechism is the main text for both membership and Confirmation classes. First Communion classes are held in the Rectory on Saturday mornings for those who demonstrate a readiness to receive the Lord's Body and Blood according to Scripture, our Catechism, and Luther's Christian Questions and Their Answers. Contact the Church office for more information.
- Join us for one of these opportunities to study the Word of God, to grow in your knowledge of God and your love for God and neighbor, to learn more about Christian doctrine, and to enjoy the company of the faithful!
- Video of a full Sunday Mass at Zion is now available on our Youtube page - Click Here