Corona virus update - Click here for more information.
Beginning on Palmarum, Sunday, March 28, Mass will be celebrated every day except Holy Saturday, through Quasimodogeniti, Sunday, April 11.
Palm Sunday - March 28 - Mass in the Church, 10:00 a.m.
Holy Monday - March 29 - Spoken Mass in the Church, 7:00 p.m.
Holy Tuesday - March 30 - Spoken Mass in the Church, 7:00 p.m.
Holy Wednesday - March 31 - Spoken Mass in the Church, 10:00 a.m.
Bible Class follows Mass
Maundy Thursday -
The Chrism Mass - 10:00 a.m., Church
The Mass of the Institution - 7:00 p.m., Church
Good Friday -
Tre Ore Service w/Holy Communion - 12:00 noon, Church
Stations of the Cross - 7:00 p.m., Church
Holy Saturday - No Services, the Church is silent
The Feast of the Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ - Sunday, April 4
The Great Vigil of Easter - 6:30 a.m., Church
The Mass of the Resurrection - 10:00 a.m., Church
Easter Monday - Spoken Mass, 10:00 a.m., Chapel
Easter Tuesday - Spoken Mass, 7:00 p.m., Church
Men's Group meets after Mass
Easter Wednesday - Spoken Mass, 10:00 a.m., Chapel
Easter Thursday - Spoken Mass, 7:00 p.m., Church
Easter Friday - Spoken Mass, 10:00 a.m., Chapel
Easter Saturday - Spoken Mass, 10:00 a.m., Chapel
Quasimodogeniti - Sunday, April 11 - Mass, 10:00 a.m., Church
Regularly at Zion -
- Adult Bible Class is held twice each week - Sunday after Mass, and Wednesday after morning Mass. On Sundays we are are engaged in a close study of the Gospel according to St. John, which Fr. Braden leads from the Greek text. On Wednesdays we are studying the Book of the Prophet Hosea, with an eye to the Hebrew which underlies the text.
- The Zion Men's Group meets twice each month, alternating Tuesdays and Thursdays, at 7:00 p.m. After singing Vespers in the Church, we are currently studying Chemnitz's Two Natures in Christ, a 16th century study of Christology. After our study, food and (Lutheran) beverages enhance our Gemütlichkeit.
- The Zion Women's Group meets twice a month on Saturdays at 1:00 p.m. We sing Vespers in the Chapel, enjoy coffee and baked goods, and then continue in our study of the Book of Proverbs, with an eye to the Hebrew that underlies the text.
- Adult Catechesis is offered Thursday nights at 6:00 p.m. We sing Vespers in the Church, and the study following is a close reading of the Reverend Doctor Martin Luther's Great Confession on the Sacrament of the Altar.
- Membership/Confirmation Classes are held periodically, scheduled to be convenient to those seeking membership at Zion. Youth Confirmation class is held Saturday mornings at 10:00 a.m. Luther's Small Catechism is the main text for both membership and Confirmation classes. First Communion classes are held in the Rectory on Saturday mornings for those who demonstrate a readiness to receive the Lord's Body and Blood according to Scripture, our Catechism, and Luther's Christian Questions and Their Answers. Contact the Church office for more information.
- Join us for one of these opportunities to study the Word of God, to grow in your knowledge of God and your love for God and neighbor, to learn more about Christian doctrine, and to enjoy the company of the faithful!
- Video of a full Sunday Mass at Zion is now available on our Youtube page - Click Here