Corona virus update - Click here for more information.
The Commemoration of St. Barnabas, Apostle and Martyr, will be celebrated with a special spoken low Mass on Friday, June 11 at 10:00 a.m. in the Chapel.
The Nativity of St. John the Baptizer will be celebrated with a special spoken low Mass on Thursday, June 24 at 7:00 p.m. in the Church. Adult Catechesis will follow Mass. Join us for our study of Luther's Great Confession on the Sacrament of the Altar!
The 2021 St. Michael Liturgical Conference will be held on Monday, September 27. Updates on presenters and conference details will be available soon.
Regularly at Zion -
- Adult Bible Class is held twice each week - Sunday after Mass, and Wednesday after morning Mass. On Sundays we are are engaged in a close study of the Gospel according to St. John, which Fr. Braden leads from the Greek text. On Wednesdays we are studying the Book of the Prophet Hosea, with an eye to the Hebrew which underlies the text.
- The Zion Men's Group meets twice each month, alternating Tuesdays and Thursdays, at 7:00 p.m. After singing Vespers in the Church, we are currently studying Luther's Antinomian Disputations. After our study, food and (Lutheran) beverages enhance our Gemütlichkeit.
- The Zion Women's Group meets twice a month on Saturdays at 1:00 p.m. We sing Vespers in the Chapel, enjoy coffee and baked goods, and then continue in our study of 1st and 2nd Timothy, with an eye to the Greek that underlies the text.
- Adult Catechesis is offered Thursday nights at 6:00 p.m. We sing Vespers in the Church, and the study following is a close reading of the Reverend Doctor Martin Luther's Great Confession on the Sacrament of the Altar.
- Membership/Confirmation Classes are held periodically, scheduled to be convenient to those seeking membership at Zion. Youth Confirmation class is held Saturday mornings at 10:00 a.m. Luther's Small Catechism is the main text for both membership and Confirmation classes. First Communion classes are held in the Rectory on Saturday mornings for those who demonstrate a readiness to receive the Lord's Body and Blood according to Scripture, our Catechism, and Luther's Christian Questions and Their Answers. Contact the Church office for more information.
- Join us for one of these opportunities to study the Word of God, to grow in your knowledge of God and your love for God and neighbor, to learn more about Christian doctrine, and to enjoy the company of the faithful!
- Video of a full Sunday Mass at Zion is now available on our Youtube page - Click Here